More Speed with More Control – Rules based aggregation
Bonding enables numerous use cases:
- enlarged geographic reach for your Consumer multi-play and Enterprise Internet offers,
- increased speed in rural/challenged/marginal locations,
- improved resilience/customer experience,
- increased high-end speed v competitors (speed wars),
- premium VoD,
- premium cloud upload, then download,
- DSL outage detection & notification via LTE channel,
It is clear from this list that each use case applies to a different customer/target segment and therefore addressing each use case requires a specified behavior pattern in order to comply with business objectives and technical constraints.
- Maximise speed by combining all the available links to create either a permanent capability or temporary boost.
- Minimise cost (e.g. fill xDSL path first and then overflow to the more costly LTE network).
- Per service enablement (e.g. no boost for P2P applications), blacklisting or whitelisting.
- Upload-only boosting
With Path Manager, the load distribution can be defined and controlled by the operator based on business drivers, technical drivers or a combination of both. Path Manager also controls the behaviour of UDP when in Hybrid access mode and its control can be applied to both xDSL+LTE & xDSL+WiFi (mobile devices).