Welcome to this second issue of Multipath News.
This post summarises the main discussions on the mptcp-dev and IETF multipathtcp mailing list and the recent scientific articles on Multipath TCP.
IETF multipathtcp mailing list
The mptcp-dev mailing list
- Christoph Paasch sent a patch that fixes an issue with the creation of TFO sockets.
- Hong Tran Viet proposed a virtual box image that includes a modified version of iperf3 that allows to perform measurements with MPTCP on any Linux or MacOS box. The vagrant config and detailed instruction for the experiment are available at https://github.com/hoang-tranviet/mptcp-vagrant/
- Kristian Evensen has proposed a new version of multi network manager . The code is available at https://github.com/kristrev/multihomed-routing
- Markus Jungblut has proposed a simple Apache module that allows to detect whether an incoming connection is a Multipath TCP connection or not. He uses this module on the http://mptcp.femasrv.de server which can also be used to test Multipath TCP connections.
- Christoph Paasch sent a patch to correct an issue in the scheduler.
- Sebastien Barre sent a patch that solves an issue with zero-windows.
- Finally, while editing this issue of the Multipath news, Christoph Paasch announced the new stable 0.92 release that builds on Linux kernel 4.4. Christoph’s email is copied below so that you have all the detailed about this new release : https://multipath-tcp.org/pmwiki.php?n=Main.Release92
What is new in this release?
The MPTCP v0.92 release is based on the Linux Kernel Longterm Support release v4.4.x. Its new features compared to the v0.91 release are:
- Support for selecting an MPTCP scheduler through the socket-option
MPTCP_SCHEDULER. (By Per Hurtig)
- Support for selecting an MPTCP path-manager through the socket-option
MPTCP_PATH_MANAGER. (By Per Hurtig)
- Allow recreating subflows after timeout through the module parameter.
- Get detailed information on the state of subflows with the MPTCP_INFO
Contributors (ordered by number of commits)
- Christoph Paasch (Apple)
- Per Hurtig (Karlstads University)
- Matthieu Baerts (Tessares)
- Benjamin Hesmans (UCLouvain)
- François Finfe (Tessares)
- Tim Froidcoeur (Tessares)
- Sébastien Barré (Tessares)